Saturday, July 16, 2011

Why the Title

Why in the world would someone make a blog about chicken. Well I can tell you why. Because for the last 3 years that is all we eat is chicken. My husband had to take chemo for a year and red meat made him sick so with all the love I have for him I quit the red meat also. So it was chicken cooked in many different ways. Then I got ideas of all kinds of ways to fix chicken. I would barbecue chicken, bake chicken make chicken casseroles. I would spice it up make it mild or hot. Then all of a sudden I got sick of chicken. It seemed like everyday I had chicken left over in the fridge. So I bought me a food processor and I went to chopping chicken I could kill a lot of chicken in a processor as fine as I wanted it. Then I started adding all kind of ingredients and wow the chicken got life again on the taste buds. So I thought ok I will make chicken salad and sell it. In todays economy everyone can use some extra money right. Then I thought I would sell bag lunches to bussiness with chicken salad and fried chicken and barbecue chicken and so forth. My kids laugh all the time because they think I come up with so many ideas of what to do. I have worked all my life and no matter how full my plate gets I still want to find something to do. Anyway I started this blog to share my chicken salad and recipes with who ever wants it. My friends and people I sold chicken salad to said it was the best they ever had. I say thank you because I always have chicken.
My chicken story started when I was a little girl. My dad was a preacher and every Sunday we would be invited to someones house to eat and sure enough there it was on the table fried chicken the best fried chicken in the world. Southern women know how to fry some chicken. My dad would say I know everyone in this church feeds us fried chicken. So all my life it was chicken and chicken and chicken. So foloow this blog order some chicken salad or take a recipe and feed your family chicken. I will post pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment